|15 Reasons Why Cats Are Far Better Than Boyfriends Or Girlfriends
Source: Metro, UK
You might think that soulmates come in human form but no one can love you as much as a four legged, furry creature that dotes and depends on you and brings you zero heartbreak. We spend our lives looking for "the one" when really, all it takes is a quick visit to a shelter and you've found your life partner.
Cats, in particular, are animals that can bring you pretty much everything a boyfriend or girlfriend can. Okay, there are some notable exceptions but when you weigh them up against the stress, pain and irritation sharing your life with another human can cause, cats win every single time.
Here are just 15 of the very many points that prove this:
- Cats will give attention without making a fuss about it. Their cuteness knows no bounds as they cuddle up and purr – there's no working for it here like there is in a relationship.
- A cuddle with your cat doesn't have to lead to more. If you snuggle with your cat under the covers, they will be perfectly happy to leave it there. You aren't inadvertently triggering hopes of something more. In the mind of the cat, cuddling close is the ultimate final base.
- Cats don't play mind games. If they're pissed off and want some me time, they will make it clear with a very obvious hiss or scratch. And when they're over it, they'll come back for a hug and all is well again. Easy!
- Cats DO snore, but their snoring is cute. Rather than the snorting guy or girl slobbering beside you, you could listen to your cat's squeaky sleep wheezes for hours. You might even film it.
- If a cat wants something, then they will ask for it. They will headbutt their dish or meow loudly and it is easily sortable. You don't need to play guessing games or read between the lines.
- Cats don't hog the bathroom. They have their litter tray, you have your own toilet and everyone can live in freedom and harmony. Okay, sometimes they might awkwardly stand and watch you pee but they're just checking you're safe. Toilets are dangerous.
- Cats are happy with any kind of stroke. There will never be a time when you're doing it wrong or hitting the wrong spot. Phew!
- Cats are clean creatures and instinctively self groom. Your partner is not guaranteed to be as self aware of their own hygiene. Is it a risk you want to take?
- A cat sitting on your laptop presents a welcome and fun distraction. A partner hassling you when you're busy is VERY annoying.
- Cats like bonding time and love spending time playing. Ask your partner to sit and watch a programme with you that you like and you have a real battle on your hands and you might as well have kicked them in the face.
- Cats de-stress you. Science proves that just their presence can relieve your tension and a cat always knows when you're feeling low and comes and cuddles you. A partner meanwhile can, more often than not, be the cause of the stress.
- Cats are not clingy. You can leave them for an entire day and they won't give you a hard time over where you've been, who you've been with or how you aren't looking after their needs.
- Cooking for a cat is a breeze. Tin opener + tin of tuna = you being a God in their eyes.
- Cats bring you plenty of gifts. In fact, more often than not, you can expect at least one per day. It doesn't matter that it is a dead rodent; it's the thought that counts.
- Cats are social media gold. Relationship over-sharing and endless couple selfies loses you Facebook and Instagram friends. A 10 second clip of your cat snoring wins you endless likes. The people have spoken. Cats win.